In this highly digitalized age, it is vital to the success of a company or business to have a strong online presence and excellent marketing campaigns. It is important not just to attract the attention of potential consumers or audiences but also to compel them to take the action that you desire. The term “clicks to conversions” is a metric used for digital marketing that tracks a customer’s journey from clicking on an advertisement, social media post, or search engine result to completing an action such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter. In this post, we will discuss why this metric matters and some key strategies to help you fully harness the power of understanding clicks to conversions in your online marketing campaign.
Benefits of Monitoring Clicks and Conversions
Paying attention to the journey that your audience takes from clicking on your link and either completing an action or leaving the page will transform your online marketing campaign. An online clothing store, for example, can look at what kind of advertisement caused consumers to visit their landing page in the first place. They can also look at whether or not that customer added something to their virtual basket and whether or not they ended up completing the purchase. Understanding at what point and why your audience decides to take action or not is vital to making the necessary adjustments to your campaign.
Tracking your customer’s clicks and conversions can also give you a better understanding of your audience and insight into which channels you have the most success with. If your main source of site traffic and conversions is coming from your ads on Instagram as opposed to Facebook, you can adjust your strategy to focus more on your Instagram audience. In order to generate meaningful results and drive conversions, it is necessary to know your audience and what kinds of platforms they use most often.
Clicks to Conversions Strategies
- Create an effective landing page. Landing pages should be user-friendly, uncluttered, and have a clear call to action. It is on this page that users make the decision to either leave or take action, so it should be easy to navigate and compelling.
- Utilize A/B testing. Experimenting with different versions of your marketing campaign will help you understand who your audience is and what makes them decide to take action. Testing is essential in fine-tuning your campaign to maximize results.
- Simplify user experience. The journey from click to conversion should be intuitive and smooth. Too many steps or unnecessary content can deter potential customers from following through with action.
- Maintain content relevance. Your marketing campaign should align directly with the content of your landing page to ensure that what a user clicks on your link for is what you actually have to offer.
- Utilize retargeting techniques. Re-engage potential customers who clicked but did not take action. For example, if a consumer placed an item in their virtual basket but did not purchase it, you can use targeted advertisements of said item to remind the customer to return to your landing page to take action.
- Ensure responsive design. An ever-growing amount of consumers spend a significantly larger amount of time online via their phones rather than their computers. It is imperative that your online marketing campaign be in a mobile-friendly format.
Understanding and paying close attention to the clicks to conversions metric is imperative to online success. Through this metric, you can discover so much more about your target audience and what makes them follow through with your desired action. In order to utilize the information provided by this metric to its fullest potential you must have an effective landing page, test results regularly, keep the process simple for users, make sure your campaign and content are in unison, retarget, and implement responsive design.