The most important part of any marketing plan is the business’s online presence. This can be achieved by utilizing social media (ie., Instagram, IG Reels, FaceBook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.). The end result of using social media is to drive consumers to your website. This is where you are able to capture their attention and convert them from just viewing your website to becoming a consumer of your website. In order to achieve this marketing goal, you need to implement an effective web design.
There are a few key factors to consider when developing an effective web design. In order to create a website that will attract and keep consumers interested, it will need to not only mirror your brand and/or image, but it also needs to cater to the consumer. Here are some tips to help establish your website to attract and keep potential customers.
- Keep It Simple – Using the “KIS” (keep it simple) method is by far the most effective tool when designing your website. From a simple color palette to balance web pages to a minimalistic and clutter free design, this will encourage users to stay and explore what it is you are trying to sell. The easier the site is to navigate, the longer consumers will remain on your website and learn more about your business.
- Balance and Visual Hierarchy – In order to lead users to certain pages of the site, the designer should use certain elements, like a catchy headline or graphic. These will encourage consumers to click through and get to the information that is most important. Keeping the site in a balanced format will also help to drive users to pages that are a priority for information.
- Easy to Read Content – By keeping content short and to the point, it is more effective than a lengthy article. Many website consumers scan what needs to be read instead of ingesting the information. Site users are looking for keywords to give them the information that they are looking for. If your site is free of clutter and does not have articles that go on and on, you have a better chance of keeping the user engaged on your site. Another key factor to remember is to make sure that visually, your site is easy to read.
- Navigation – The quickest way to lose consumers is to design a website that is too hard to navigate. When users are not able to find information on your website, they will abandon the site and look elsewhere. Once again, using the KIS method of design will improve the amount of traffic that your site will see. Utilizing conventional means of navigation does not make your site boring. Users will feel comfortable enough to click around and discover all that your site has to offer.
- Mobile-Friendly – Most people have a smartphone. Most people use that smartphone to look up information at a moment’s notice. Staying relevant with a mobile website is essential to your online marketing presence. Making sure that your mobile site and your website are cohesive will help to further your brand identity and increase the traffic to your website.
There are many ways to improve web design and help your business standout from the rest. Utilizing the above key factors will put you on the right path to an effective web design and online presence. Trends and designs can change often. Find the method that works for your business.