What’s More Effective: A Yard Sign or a Facebook Ad?
Every business wants to get their name out there and be successful. Some businesses may already be successful enough to advertise in a variety of ways, including billboards, television, newspapers, etc. However, not every company is lucky enough to have that kind of financial assistance.
Many companies turn to social media to advertise their business and others rely on the old-fashioned way of yard signs. Whatever path you choose, you will find that both can provide you with benefits such as help raise your name identification and help gain loyal customers.
The following are benefits you will see from advertising your business with yard signs and Facebook ads.
Yard signs bring many benefits and should be considered a part of any local marketing campaign. They can help you focus your message to an audience who will most likely buy from you and create automatic awareness for your business.
- Affordable: Yard signs are one of the cheapest ways to advertise your local business. A billboard advertisement on a well-known highway could cost you around $1,000 per month. Sending out a targeted direct mail campaign might cost about $2,500 just to send to 3,000 households. If you were considering a TV commercial, you could expect to spend over $10,000, including production. Since yard signs are made of inexpensive materials, you can buy one for as low as $.65 per sign.
- Effective: Research has shown that around 85% of your customers live or work within a 5-mile radius of your business. Therefore, local signs will be viewed by those who are most likely going to do business with you. Since yard signs are easy to put up, you can place them at high traffic locations and move them around often to give you opportunities to advertise to new audiences.
- Easy and Powerful Advertising Medium: In order to take advantage of yard sign advertising, you do not have to be an expert in marketing. You also do not need to know the latest trends in marketing, local traffic counts, or demographic research in order for your yard sign strategy to pay off. You know who your customers are, and you know your community. Thus, you will be the best judge to decide the best places to put your signs.
- Flexible: Yard signs are very light weight and easy to put up; therefore, you are able to move them as often as you would like in order to take advantage of different high-traffic locations. Also, since yard signs are affordable, you are able to easily change or update your message and try out different offers.
- Durable: Depending on where you purchase your yard signs and the type of materials that are used, your signs could last a very long time. Strong, durable material, such as Econoplast corrugated plastic, will allow you to use your signs multiple times.
Check out our sister company, Bulk Yard Signs, to purchase some quality yard signs today!
Facebook has a wide range of users with 68% of them being adults who use the Internet. This results in a huge advertising opportunity for businesses. Facebook pages are a great way to market your business; however, algorithm changes in their platform can have a major impact on how many users actually see your posts. Here are five benefits of using Facebook to advertise.
- Fine-Tuned Targeting: With Facebook, you have many targeting and retargeting options, so you are able to narrowly define your audience in such ways as demographic, location, behaviors, lookalike audiences, etc. The Ads Manager makes it easy for you to handle your social media advertising campaigns and includes user-friendly features to help you create your ad. With just a few clicks, you are able to run your ads across Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger on mobile and desktop.
- Large Mobile Audience: Mobile traffic is very important since smartphone infiltration continues to rise and 4G data networks are growing. There are many people who take a break from work and glance at their phones to get caught up on social media, giving you access to your mobile audience.
- Extensive Analytics: Facebook does a great job on analytics and reporting for ad performance. You have your conversion rate and other social media metrics laid clearly out in front of you. When you are managing your Facebook page, you are able to see this data through the “insights” tab where you are provided with metrics like your weekly reach, page likes, post engagement, and your best performing posts. You are also able to measure your page against your competitors to see how you match up.
- Improved Brand Awareness: Facebook users look at their newsfeed many times a day, allowing your preferred audience to see your ads multiple times. Being able to see your ad multiple times help you gain trust and makes opportunities for retargeting in the future.
- Upward Trending Click-Through Rates: Facebook ad click-through rate (CTR) is steadily growing as Facebook develops its advertising tools and businesses learn how to use them the right way. The targeting and creative end is constantly improving which means you are able to dial in to the right audience that you are searching for. It also provides you with the creative freedom of many ad types to choose from and show the customer.
There are many ways to advertise for your company. Choosing the right one depends on your budget and may have you going through trial and error. If the first one you choose doesn’t pan out, try another one. Or you may want to try two different ones. If you are on the fence about where to start, contact the staff at Intergetik through our website. We love helping businesses succeed and giving professional advice on how to get your business’s name out there. We are here to serve you!