How to Get More Reviews for Google Listing
Google profiles are vital to any business. They help customers locate a business on Google Search and Maps, as well as displays Google reviews that customers have written. These reviews are very important because it gives credibility to a business and help potential customers decide if they want to move forward with investing in that business. Therefore, you as a business owner, will want to build up a set of reviews.
It has been reported that two out of three customers believe positive reviews are a significant key factor in deciding which online business or store they choose. Here are four ways that you can ensure you will get more positive reviews for your business.
Just Ask for More Reviews
There is nothing wrong with simply asking for more reviews. In fact, you will probably discover that many of your loyal customers will be more than happy to leave a review. In some cases, they may not have thought to leave a review or do not grasp the importance of how helpful it could be for your business.
If you are having a hard time figuring out how to ask, just follow these two tips:
- Ask in person: Every time you have a positive interaction with a customer, urge them to share their experience online. You can also train your employees to ask, as well.
- Ask in marketing materials: Asking in person isn’t always the preferred method for everyone. If you find yourself feeling uncomfortable asking in person, then try asking for a review in your email signature, on receipts, or on a card that is included with your product. Do not hesitate to follow-up with an email or text a few days after the item was purchased asking for a review.
Sometimes you might find it difficult to know how to state your request. Here are a few suggestions:
- “We would appreciate your support by writing a review of your experience along with photos on Google.”
- “Thank you for being a valued customer! Please leave a review on Google regarding your experience.”
- “Reviews are an important part of the success of our business. We’d love to hear about your experience!”
Helpful Tools to Use
Sometimes you just need a little help, and that’s okay! Here are two tools you can use to get more Google reviews.
- Marketing Kit: A marketing kit can help you create printable posters, social posters, business card templates, and other materials that will be useful in asking customers to provide reviews and promote your business.
- Custom Short URL: Creating a custom short URL will allow your customers to visit your business profile with just one click to write a review.
Make it Easy to Leave a Review
There’s nothing more frustrating than wasting time trying to figure out how to do something. The easier the better, and this goes for writing reviews, too. To make it easy to leave a review, inform your customers where they can find your business on Google, Facebook, or Yelp. What’s even better is sending them a direct link to your profile. However, do not offer an incentive in exchange for a review.
Strengthen Your Current Customer Relationships & Encourage New Ones
Sometimes it can be difficult to ask customers to write an online review; however, getting more reviews will allow you to build rapport with future customers. Also, respond to your reviews because it can help earn loyalty from customers and strengthen those relationships.
It is always a good idea to thank your customers for taking time out of their day to share their appreciation for your business. When you follow-up with a timely and professional response to your customer’s reviews, you show that you value their input and inspire them to leave reviews in the future, as well as visit your business again.